Sponsor: Rent the Runway, Inc. (“RTR”)
NO ENTRY FEE. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO WIN. PURCHASING WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: The Rent the Runway Maternity Survey Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of the Continental United States (excluding RESIDENTS of OVERSEAS MILITARY INSTALLATIONS, HAWAII, ALASKA, PUERTO RICO, and OTHER U.S. TERRITORIES), age 18 or older, (and at least age of majority in state of residency) at the time of entry. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Sponsor and its advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, their immediate family members and persons living in their same household, are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes.
- Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes the full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance by entrants in the Sweepstakes (“Entrants”) of these these official rules governing the Rent the Runway Maternity Survey Sweepstakes ("Official Rules"). By participating in the Sweepstakes, Entrants fully and unconditionally accept the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes.
- Entry Period: The Sweepstakes begin at 6:00pm Eastern Time (“ET”) on October 4, 2017, and end at 11:59pm ET on October 8, 2017 (the “Entry Period”).
- To Enter: There are two (2) methods of entry: (1) Completing the survey submission form at http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/3853421/RTR-Maternity-Survey or (2) Sending an email message to email@example.com titled “Rent the Runway Maternity Survey Sweepstakes” that includes your name and contact email in the body of the email message (entries received via either method described in this sentence, “Entries”). All Entries must be received before the end of the Entry Period. Each Entrant must be the rightful owner (or have authorized use) of the email address identified in the Entrant’s Entry. Only one Entry per person, household and/or e-mail address is permitted, regardless of method. No mechanically reproduced mail-in entries are allowed and any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or the like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods. Entrants submitting multiple entries or violating any of these Official Rules may be disqualified. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an Entry, the Entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the email account specified in the entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. No automatically generated entries will be accepted. If a dispute cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the affected Entry will be deemed ineligible. Entrants must provide all information requested to be eligible to win. Incomplete, unreadable, or unintelligible entries will be disqualified. Proof of submission does not constitute proof of receipt. Multiple Entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. All information provided by Entrants becomes the property of Sponsor.
- Prizes and Odds: One (1) winner will receive a $200 American Express gift card (the “Gift Card”). Usage of the Gift Card is subject to the terms and conditions on the Gift Card and at https://www.americanexpress.com/gift-cards/. The Gift Card is awarded on an 'as is' basis, and cannot be redeemed for cash or use as payment for purchases of additional Gift Cards. The Gift Card will not be replaced if lost or stolen. Odds of winning a prize will depend on the number of eligible Entries received during the Entry Period. Prizes pictured in advertising, marketing or promotional materials are for illustrative purposes only. Any applicable taxes and all other costs/expenses not specifically identified in these Official Rules are the sole responsibility of each winner. Prizes are nontransferable, and no substitutions or cash redemptions will be made. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize, in whole or in part, of equal or greater monetary value if a prize cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, as described for any reason.
- Random Drawing: All Sweepstakes Entries meeting the requirements of these Official Rules will be entered into the prize drawing, to be held on or around seven (7) days after Entry Period deadline at the Sponsor’s offices. One (1) potential winner (“Winner”) will be selected under the supervision of the Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding.
- Notification of Winners: Winners will be notified by e-mail within ten (10) business days of the prize drawing, and may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and publicity/liability release within seven (7) days of notification. If a selected Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim a prize and/or where applicable an affidavit of eligibility and publicity/liability release is not timely received, is incomplete or modified, prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner will be selected from remaining valid, eligible Entries. Prizes will be sent to the Winner approximately thirty (30) days from the date the Winner is confirmed. The Sponsor is not responsible for any returned undeliverable prize and such prize will be forfeited.
- General: Entrants must have a valid email address, and it is Entrant's responsibility to update Sponsor of any change in email address. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, delayed, damaged, postage-due, incomplete, illegible, or misdirected entries, responses, or other correspondence, whether by e-mail or postal mail or otherwise, or for theft or destruction or unauthorized access or alterations of entry materials, phone, electrical, network, computer, hardware, software program or transmission malfunctions, failures or difficulties. The Winner(s) are solely responsible for all local, state and federal taxes on the prizes, including sales or use taxes. By participating, each Entrant releases and holds the Sponsor and its divisions, affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively "Releasees") harmless from any injury, loss or damage to person, including death, personal injury or loss or damage to property due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly to the acceptance or use/misuse of a prize, participation in any promotion-related activity or participation in the Sweepstakes. By accepting a prize, each Winner agrees, where imposing such condition is legal, that Sponsor and its designees shall have the right, but not the obligation, to use of his/her name, city and state of residence and/or likeness for advertising and publicity purposes in any and all media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity without further compensation, permission or notification and, upon request, will confirm consent to such use in writing. Sponsor and Administrator, if applicable, are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the offer or administration of this Sweepstakes, or in the announcement of Winners and prizes. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between statements contained in any other materials and the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, these Official Rules shall control. In the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with this Sweepstakes, or the integrity and/or feasibility of the Sweepstakes as planned is undermined by any event including but not limited to fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, or any federal, state or local government law, order or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction (each a "Force Majeure" event or occurrence), Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the Sweepstakes and award each prize from among all eligible Entries received up to that date. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Winner(s) acknowledge that Releasees have not made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose. Any and all warranties and/or guarantees on a prize (if any) are subject to the respective manufacturers’ terms therefore, and Winner agrees to look solely to such manufacturers for any such warranty and/or guarantee.
- ARBITRATION and WAIVER OF CERTAIN DAMAGES: As a condition of participating in this Promotion, entrants agree that (a) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential or any other indirect damages, (b) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved exclusively by arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association before a single arbitrator located in New York County, New York; and (c) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event shall any award include attorney’s fees. Disputes arising from this Sweepstakes, or any matter arising therefrom, whether direct or indirect, will be determined according to the laws of the State of New York, without reference to its conflict of laws principles.
- Winners List. For the names of the Winner(s), send a self-addressed stamped envelope on or before October 31, 2017, to: Rent the Runway Maternity Survey Sweepstakes Winners, 345 Hudson Street, 6A, New York, NY 10014.