Why on-time returns are important
We take pride in meeting and exceeding the expectations of all of our customers by providing an exceptional experience that begins with an on-time delivery. When a dress or accessory is not returned to us on time by a customer, or is lost or stolen, it impacts our ability to deliver on our promises to other customers and it harms our business. Because our products are unique and not replaceable, we cannot purchase additional products to fulfill orders due to late returns. We rely on our customers to return our products on time so that we can ensure other customers will have their dress for their event. Please review our Late Fee Policy below which explains how to return your rental products and outlines the late fees charged for late returns.
How do I return my order?
The date to send back your rental items is stated in your online invoice. In order to avoid a late fee:
- Send back the products you rented in the return packaging provided to you by Rent the Runway.
- The return service provider for all orders is UPS.
- Returns must be dropped off at a UPS store located in the United States by 12 p.m. on or before the return date specified in your order. This ensures that your package will be scanned by UPS by the next day and returned to Rent the Runway on time. Rent the Runway will not cover additional fees incurred due to international shipping.
- Please note that you are liable for any late fees incurred, regardless of any third party involved with the return. Do not leave your rentals with any third party (hotel, mail room, friend) for return.
- If you lose the return packaging, you are responsible for returning the item at your own expense by the expected return date, and providing Rent the Runway with a tracking number. Returns should be sent to the following address:
Rent the Runway
100 Metro Way
Secaucus, NJ 07094
*If you lose or fail to return the Rent the Runway blue carrying case, you will be charged $50.
- If you return your rental items late or do not return them at all, a late fee of $50 per day will be charged to the credit card you used for the order (or to any other credit card included on your account). You will be charged up to 100% of the retail value of the products you ordered, plus applicable sales tax. This late fee is in addition to the rental fee for the products.
- The late fee is payable for each order that is not returned when due, not for each product. For example, if you rented two items in one order, you will be charged $50 per day, not $100 per day in late fees.
- If you have not returned a rental item within 20 days after the return date, your late return will be considered a non-return and Rent the Runway will charge your credit card or debit card the maximum late fee, less any fees, plus applicable sales tax that you have already paid.